View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
joy1
Yorkie Talker

Unhappy allergies and blood work

Hello,
I have a female Yorkie (Chloe) who will be 5 years old in May. She has been experiencing severe breakouts on her her back and has been to our Vet. three times with this. The first visit we were told it was allergies and given a allery shot, allergy medication and an antibiotic Within 3 weeks the bumps were back and very inflamed. We took her back again and at that time she was given another shot and antibiotic. During our third vist we were told that these bumps looked like a reaction to flea bites. We have never ever seen fleas on her but the Dr. wanted to get her started on heart worm and flea medication. At this time he did blood work. My husband got a call from the Dr. that afternoon saying that Chloe's platelet count was very high and asked if she was acting ok. He said that all the other bloodwork came back fine. He also said that the test could have been false. She is going back in a few days to be retested. My question is...what could this mean and also could this high level be due to all of the medication she has been on? I know I will find out soon, but I would love some feedback. She is very healthy, good weight and is always ready to eat! Also, she is breaking out again so I don't think this is fleas. Very worried!
joy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!