View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Abby08
Senior Yorkie Talker

If you check the AKC breeders list, they do have many folks listed as to who has puppies in North Carolina and Virginia at this time, not all of the people listed, show their dogs, in fact I have noticed most say they do not. AKC now has a way to list people that show and do not show other than the little questionnaire on the web page that shows up listing the folks in your area.

The questionnaire will have a list of questions that the breeder is asked,(I can't remember all of them, just a few here) such as how long they have been breeding and if they breed other dogs other than Yorkies. It asks if the pups have had a medical check up and many other questions that are pertainate to a buyer.

The YTCA also has a list of folks who live in NC and may or may not have pups at this time. Most likely those people do show their Yorkies.

I am sorry that I cannot recommend any body in the state at this time, but that is only because I have not yet contacted any of the local breeders my self at this stage as I am not yet ready for a new dog. A long time ago I did contact Tammy Ford and she does show her dogs, she lives between Hickory and Lenore. Her contact info is on the YTCA. I think she does have pets for less than $1000, but I don't recall how much, she does grantee their health for 2 years which is excellent.

Let me know how you do, I am looking too !!
Abby08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!