View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 02:24 AM   #15
gram2k
Senior Yorkie Talker

Our little girl is so new we don't even have a name for her yet! And I, like many, am SO confused about the crate training, even after much research and reading. We both work so there is no way a tiny bladder can go 8 hours and I'm unsure of what people do while away that long. I've purchased the pads that are supposedly impregnated with a scent that will attract her, but it doesn't! She could care less about using a pad for anything else but a play toy. I've read that when you catch her eliminating anywhere but the pad to immediately pick her up and take her to the pad and "encourage" her to go there ( I've even put some of her own urine on the pad! ) HOW do you "encourage" a puppy to use the pad? She looks at me like I'm nuts! lol

I have heard and read that Yorkies are notoriously bad at potty training, but the only reason I agreed to another dog at this stage in our lives is because they now have the pads, as the letting them in and out all day and night to potty was something I did not want to do again. Someone please tell me that these pups ARE trainable and your experience on how to do so? In the meantime, I'll take deep breaths and stop panicking...
gram2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!