View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 10:27 AM   #14
Sherry Lynn
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

There seems to be a lot of that going around lately. Especially with cash cards. I went to use mine last week and it was declined, so I stopped by my bank. Someone was charging stuff in Sante Fe - Sears, etc... My bank caught it before I did and froze my account. When I got home there were 2 calls where they had been trying to reach me! Way to go Two Rivers Bank!!!!!

My BF was paying her bills the Friday before, and there were $8000 in charges to her bank card. She had overdraft protection, so everytime her account was depleted, the bank would put more money in. Her bank never caught it - she had to bring it to their attention! (At least her theft was having more fun than mine. They were partying it up in Cancun! )

Neither of us use our cards on the Internet, so the banks seem to think it was someone locally stealing numbers and creating new cards or something. Meanwhile, the FDIC covers your loss. That was last Thursday, and account has already been credited.

You work so hard for your money, and then some jerk thinks they can just take it! Really sucks! If only they would use their energy for good instead of evil.

Good luck. I hope you get it cleared up out without too much hassle!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!