View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Will your breeder reimburse you for the cost of xrays if there is indeed an abnormality? I am just worried that if your baby is already walking like that he may have many problems down the road. It's a hard decision, b/c if he does have a problem, and your breeder gives you another pup, that one may have the same problems as well.

Maybe you could get a 2nd opinion from a different vet? When I first got Uni, I took her to Banfield and the vet just told me to watch out for her knees. he didn't tell me anything about LP. Then last summer she started hiking up her leg b/c one patella came out. My new vet then diagnosed her with grade 3 and thoroughly explained what it is and what happens. the Banfield vet didn't tell me anything! So perhaps a different vet with different knowledge could help?

I guess in the meantime try to keep him from jumping off things or running too fast. But I really think you need to find out the reason he walks like that.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!