View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #12
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 143julz View Post
Ladymom, First i want to say, U ROCK!! I've enjoyed so much reading alot of your post, very informative, and the cold, hard facts!

Yes, that pill is it, so let me get this, it only works for 24hrs??? If someone has an infestion, administers the drug, do they have to give it again and is this something safe?
He did mention the Front/Adv, however, I've known 3 people who's dogs had seizure because it?? I'm just a lil freaked, because of THEIR experience, i know every case is different, but, I'm a lil overprotected, parinod, you could say

PS Still no call yet, gonna call in a sec
I agree. I don't see the purpose in Capstar unless your dog is crawling with fleas. A bath in Dawn dishwashing detergent will kill all the live fleas and is much safer.

Usually a dog who has a seizure after a flea treatment has a low seizure threshold. My Lady has epilepsy and the recommended flea preventative for dogs prone to seizures is Frontline. I used it for years until the fleas in our area built up a resistance to it. I switched to Advantage a few years ago and haven't had any problems. I am very careful to space out her heartworm treatment and flea preventative, though, since both are pesticides. I do one on the 1st of every month, then the other on the 15th.
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!