View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 07:38 AM   #12
KJLive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
It's a very well known secret. That when hiring a trainer for your dogs......it's actually to train the owner.
Well I for one truly believe this! And you know, it happens so easily. For example this whole going potty most nights at 2:00 AM. When we were potty training Sophie we'd take her out regularly. Then she'd start to show signs that she had to go, so we'd take her out with any little sign, bark, muffle, look, or snort. And she'd go. This was all in an attempt to keep her from going potty on the floor (she did not want ANYTHING to do with pee pads).
It's just like when you teach your children to use the potty. As my friend remarked "You learn where every bathroom is in every store in your community cause as soon as your child gets inside a store they say they have to go to the bathroom" you drop everything and take them! I truly think this is what has happened with potty training my Yorkie. I think she's capable of holding her urine longer, she just doesn't cause she used to being taken out so frequently. That is what we are trying to "undo". Phew!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!