View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 08:06 PM   #6
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

i dont doubt youre kindness to your dogs, ive just never heard of this before, i was a little shocked...... i do leave water out all the time, and i make sure it is in ample supply, and he doesnt control me at all because i am using the pee pad method, he can just go when he wants to.... I do have his water bottle attached to his crate (like the hamster water bottles ) and i guess maybe he is smart enough to not drink the water when he is in there because he NEVER goes in his crate. I think the most we have left him in there was 9 hours or so while both my fiance and i were at work.
I have really never heard of this before, i understand the idea of why someone would want to, but in all my years of dog ownership and visiting with other people with dogs i have never seen ANYONE use this method. But, hey, if it works why change then right?
My main point was that the pup in question is 6 months old and should be able to hold it. Maybe putting him on a potty schedule. . . . . again, i trained toby with pee pads so i dont have to walk down the stair every two seconds, and i realize not everyone lives in a place where they can just leave the door open, especially with little dogs
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!