View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
lysiane_souris
YT Addict

Confused Potty training a 1 year old from pee pad to outside?

Ok I need advise.

Bailey is 1 year old now and she is 100% trained on her pee pad. she also has never been kennel and always had baby gates up and she was in the kitchen during the day while we are at work.

Now I want to start training her to go outside and I know the best way to do that is kennel train them.

Is this going to be to much for her. She is use to being free roam of the kitchen during the day. I will say her bed is a kennel, although she has never been locked in it she does go in it and lays down or sometimes will sleep on top of it.

Also if I do this should I go home during my lunch to let her out and pee or will she be good for 8 hours.
I change her pee pad every morning and sometimes when I get home there is nothing on the pee pad while other times there is pee and poop.

One more thing I also have a roommate that is randomly home here and there as his job is not a steady monday to friday job like us. Is this going to confuse Bailey? When my roommate it is home can he and should he keep her in the kennel ( I prefer not as she will bark to get out if she knows someone is home) I know he will not be sonsisted on bring her outside though. (lazy guy)

Also should I keep a pee pad out to her regular place incase we dont bring her out or notice she needs to go outside because she never had to ask to go potty. It was always there for her? ( I will put bells by the door and try to train her to ring the bell before going outside??)

And the reason I am doing al of this is because I am moving back home this summer and were I am going to live she needs to potty outside.

any advise will help. Sorry for all the long questions.

thanks
Lysiane & Bailey

Last edited by lysiane_souris; 01-14-2010 at 09:23 AM.
lysiane_souris is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!