View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
Breny
My Tiny Treasures
Donating Member

He's way to young I pee pad train my puppies on washable pee pads before they go to their news homes but they are babies and are not able to hold it and will go when they have to go! They will also go frequently.
I would start your baby with plenty of pee pads, in small areas (too big of areas just confuse them) Don't expect miracles and just take one day at a time. Congrats on your new baby!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanee5 View Post
Hi all! This is my first post, so forgive it being long winded if it gets that way. We have a new almost 10 wk old 1-2lb yorkie who's name is Gizmo (after 2 days of deliberation between 7 people ) Well, we are unsure how to go about potty training him. I did buy a litter box and was trying that, because it seemed an easier idea. Well, he did pee in it a few times, but wouldn't poo in it, (he hides to do that usually) and then he would go nuts and get cat litter all over himself, up his nose, and the floor! I know he would probably do better outside, but it's so cold out now, and I know they can't stand the cold for long. I took him out last night, and not only did he get chilled and shivering, but I think he also picked up a flea (which makes me feel dirty...I know, OCDish LOL) I have read other posts, but nothing really pertaining to the weather. Is it ok to take them out in the cold to potty? Or would it be better to just train him for indoors? Oh, btw, he will NOT use the puppy pads! I tried putting them in the litter box, he just lays on them. And on the floor as well....HELP!!

Breny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!