View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 06:43 AM   #1
YorkieRini
Livin' La Yorkie Local
Donating Member

Star Getting ears to stand

Here is what I use and recommend instead of taping the ears up. I read it in a book and I think somewhere on here.

Use Tear Mender a fabric adhesive. You can find it at PetEdge, Walgreens, WalMart, Joann Fabrics, Ace Hardware.. here are instructions on how I use Tear Mender

To prep the ear you need to clean it and then shave the hair off; off the insideas well as the outside of the ear leather. Then cut a piece of paper bag to fit like a triangle in her ear. You want to place it on the inner side of the ear leather. Make sense? The purpose is to hold up the flopping part of the ears. Make sure to fit it before you actually glue it on the ear leather. Once you cut the bag to the same size of the triangle of the ear (doesnt have to be perfect), apply Tear Mender to the paper and then put it against the inner leather and press. Press for about 3 min. Make sure not to apply too much glue or it will squirt out the sides and get too messy. It dries clear and blends in nicely with the ear leather, you can't even see it..lolol. After time the hair will grow on the ear leather and then you can cut the hair that is still attached to the paper OR you can actually wash off the tear mender if you have to..that's harder because you can get water in the ear. Once you apply it don't worry about getting it off. It wont bother her, just don't put too much glue and make sure the paper is fits nicely against the inner leather. The oils in her skin will also loosen the glue over time.

Good luck!

Hugs,
Wini
YorkieRini is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!