View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #14
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do you think she will do a phone consult with me even though I probably will not be taking Lucy there? Mainly because she is so far away.

If so, I will ask the Vet for a copy of her results.

Also, wonder why the Vet did not recommend diet changes? I specifically asked him about it and he said that she was little and needed protein as a growing puppy. This confuses me as everyone else seems to be on low protein . . maybe I would be trading one problem for another?

I will join the group and call the doctor if she will consult with me.

Thank you for your knowledge. On the one hand my Vet said - no need to rush into anything unless she has another 'episode' - on the other hand, he is now reluctant to spay her in February as we planned - so makes it a bit confusing for the owner - who does not know what they are doing!

In the meantime, is there something I can give her as a treat? I was giving her bits of cooked chicken but maybe there is a better treat I could give her . . . while we are deciding what to do? I think her favorite, pupparoni, might not be too good right now either.
Green beans, peeled apple bits, and watermelon are good for liver compromised dogs. Cooked carrots, sweet potato, and zucchini would also be okay.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!