View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #8
jeanm1963
Donating YT 500 Club Member

So very sorry to hear about your puppy, I bet it is confusing for you. Have you tried to give her cherrios? My puppy loves cherrios I have to keep a low fat diet for her even tho my vet has NOT recommended it. She had one episode of pancreatitis and I never want it to happen again so I just give her a low fat diet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do you think she will do a phone consult with me even though I probably will not be taking Lucy there? Mainly because she is so far away.

If so, I will ask the Vet for a copy of her results.

Also, wonder why the Vet did not recommend diet changes? I specifically asked him about it and he said that she was little and needed protein as a growing puppy. This confuses me as everyone else seems to be on low protein . . maybe I would be trading one problem for another?

I will join the group and call the doctor if she will consult with me.

Thank you for your knowledge. On the one hand my Vet said - no need to rush into anything unless she has another 'episode' - on the other hand, he is now reluctant to spay her in February as we planned - so makes it a bit confusing for the owner - who does not know what they are doing!

In the meantime, is there something I can give her as a treat? I was giving her bits of cooked chicken but maybe there is a better treat I could give her . . . while we are deciding what to do? I think her favorite, pupparoni, might not be too good right now either.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!