View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
i would do a phone consult as well with dr centers as the pre is high as my girl had a post first time it was 73 then had pre and post and pre was 3 and post was 54. Then i fed a low protein diet which i recommend you do 18% since your dog had symptoms it sounds like if no symptoms then 22% protein. I feed a 18% protein diet to mine and had her bile acids redone 6 mos later by dr dodds and it was pre 3 and post 26 and 25 and below is normal so the low protein diet helped so i would at least recommend this for now. I opted not to do the scintigraphy with mine only because she had no symptoms. There is another blood test protein c test but have found that not to be very accurate as a dog tested negative with that and had 4 shunts so after that i felt it was not accurate. The scintigraphy is pretty accurate but again there was a yorkie on here Ginger that had scintigraphy done by dr tobias and her bats were high and scintigraphy showed shunt and they opened her up and spay her at same time and no shunt so it can be tricky so I would consult with centers for sure and pay a phone consult fee and have her review the testing.

Keep in mind if the gall bladder contracts at time of blood draws it can throw the test off and why i opted for the second one and then the third 6 mos later

also join this group asap Liver_Shunt_And_MVD_Support@yahoogroups.com as they are very sharp about this disease and i believe tobias' assistant is on the group as well so they will advise as well based on blood work
This is per Dr Center's lastest seminar:

Disregard the normal fasting ranges provided by laboratories: This value is not useful and will only confuse you. Approximately 15% to 20% of dogs have a higher fasting than post-prandial (after meal) bile acid value due to individual differences in the rate of stomach emptying and intestinal motility.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!