View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 05:25 AM   #1
Ringo1
Ringo (1) and Lucy too!
Donating Member

Default Lucy's Bile Acid Test Results

Lucy got her bile acid test results yesterday and they were slightly elevated. 51 before feeding and 41 after feeding. (That sounds backward). I guess 20 is normal and anything over 100 is considered definitive for a shunt.

Her vet was really not sure. With her issues this week-end, he thinks it is a possibility and next step would be a scintography; I would have to travel to Ohio State.

However, he said he wouldn't be in a great rush to do this unless she has another episode like she had this week-end.

He did not recommend to change her food at this time. Our tentative plan is to keep an eye on her and redo bile acid tests in 30 days and go from there.

She is fine at the moment. I'm very confused as to the right thing to do.

Put her through the test? Or wait the 30 days and re-test. Do her numbers 'jump out' at anyone?

Appreciate any advice. Meanwhile, I'm going to search the boards for all the information I can find . . and give Lucy a hug. She's so sweet; I don't like the thought of her suffering OR that the food I'm feeding her is making her suffer. OR putting her through needless invasive testing. OR waiting too long . . . but maybe her numbers are low enough to not worry.

I just don't know.
Ringo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!