Thread: Tape Worms
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #13
Tessa Arnold
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa Arnold View Post
So, Jackson still has tape worms. He only passes them once every couple of days. He goes to DR this afternoon and I snatched up a sample this morning. I thought we were in the clear until last night when he climbed up on a pillow exposing his behind to me and I saw a couple in his fur around that area. I have since found them in a couple more places that he sleeps. None in my bed so far, unless they got me. Which raises the question -- how long does it take for them to die once out of the body? and can they get me? I'm sitting here all paranoid that they are in my hair and planning my demise. I read that I would get them the same way he did, none-the-less, its like when someone you know gets lice and then your own head starts itching even though your clean...

PS - as to not get a lecture, I have been trying to take care of this for a week. Vet trip #1 - they wouldn't deworm him cause at that time he didn't show signs of worms even after fecal test, and he had diherrea (sp) so they did parvo test (neg) and worm test (neg at that time). they said it was too soon.

Vet call #1 tried to get them to let me pick up some dewormer, they agreed, then changed their mind later cause at that time he only wieghed 2 pounds, not 2.5.

Vet trip #2 - Took him up there and they said he was too young. Set appointment for Sunday (yesterday) at noon.

Vet trip #3 - Got to Banfield and DR had death in family. Set appt for today at 4.

Vet trip #4 - wish us luck
update, if you haven't read any of my other threads:

The vet gave him a pill for the dewormer. he got his parvo and distember booster. He came home and ate, then rested a while. ever since then he's been a holy terror. running around and preventing my sleep. lol
Tessa Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!