View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #12
missj2007
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
You would be very surprised how reasonable show breeders are. Many price their puppies the same as backyard breeders. Even if you have to pay a few hundred dollars more upfront, it is well worth it in the long. Reputable show breeders are very knowledgeable about genetics and health test prior to breeding. That "bargain puppy" from a BYB can cost you a fortune in vet bills over the course of it's lifetime.

Getting a puppy from a reputable show breeder will also guarantee that you will get a puppy that will grow up to look and act like a Yorkie is supposed to. Many people come on here asking if their puppy is purebred when he grows to weigh 15 pounds, have a short, sparse coat, huge ears, etc.

Many of the "big named" show breeders can refer you to other smaller show breeders who may be more reasonable, too.
So true. Wish I would have listen to you in the beginning. : ).

You might have to save uo for a few months but believe me it is well worth it. Most breeders require a deposit. You can put down your deposit and when its time to pick out or pick up your puppy you will have the money. I thought show breeders wanted loads of money but when I actually started emailing them I was soooo surprised!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!