View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy4 View Post
Thank you Mary, Jeannie, Vanessa, and kharise for all of your advice. Vanessa I looked on that website you gave me, great list! I emailed one of them and hope to hear back soon. Honestly my biggest issue with Big Named Breeders is that I can't afford them. *sigh*

You would be very surprised how reasonable show breeders are. Many price their puppies the same as backyard breeders. Even if you have to pay a few hundred dollars more upfront, it is well worth it in the long. Reputable show breeders are very knowledgeable about genetics and health test prior to breeding. That "bargain puppy" from a BYB can cost you a fortune in vet bills over the course of it's lifetime.

Getting a puppy from a reputable show breeder will also guarantee that you will get a puppy that will grow up to look and act like a Yorkie is supposed to. Many people come on here asking if their puppy is purebred when he grows to weigh 15 pounds, have a short, sparse coat, huge ears, etc.

Many of the "big named" show breeders can refer you to other smaller show breeders who may be more reasonable, too.
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!