View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #21
Hedley
Senior Yorkie Talker

Im sorry to hear what youre going through, I know the recession has hit both our countries hard.

I think you are doing exactly the right thing, keeping the tooth clean, the mouth clean and keeping an eye on it. Older dogs and cats do naturally lose the odd tooth and often there are no side effects, the socket will heal and nature will take care of itself. I had a cat that kept losing the odd tooth when he got older and I didnt take him to the vet each time, only once when the mouth looked inflamed. I was in the same position as you then, but thankfully in our country we have the PDSA and if youre on benefits you can use their vet service and just make a donation. The rules are quite strict though and you do have to take in your paperwork. Sorry thats no good to you though.

What I would do is keep it clean, keep an eye on the mouth generally, and in the meantime do a google search. You might be able to find a home remedy or a herbal remedy or self treatment for this type of complaint. There may be some over the counter medicine you can buy for it. Just do some research. Another thing is, could you use your grooming position to get in touch with a clinic and try and talk your way into some free treatment? Sounds unlikely I know, but you might have a vet or a vet nurse for clients. Or why not phone up all the vets in our area, speak to the vet nurse and ask for some free advice, they do this at our vets. You never know, they may be able to help you. ... Good luck.

Last edited by Hedley; 01-11-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Hedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!