View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #10
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arv99t View Post
No she hasn't been wearing coats or sweaters. I know its cold in Florida right now, but I woud much rather have their weather than ours. It was 2 below this morning with a wind chill of 13 below. She seems to be acting fine. I have touched and rubbed it she doesn't act like it hurts or anything I am just a little puzzled. I guess at least this came up when its time for her shots again so I can do two appointments at once. Her hair does seem to be very dry right now not silky like usual. I have been reading through the grooming forum trying to see what everyone is using for this. I don't know if their hair can get dry enough it will just break or not. I would assume if it was just breaking or something that it would be different lenghts. If I didn't know better I would think someone broke into my house and shaved part of her hair off because thats what it looks and feels like.
Yikes. I used to live up north. At least down here we all know this is temporary.

I would never move back up there.

Hypothyroidism can cause hair changes. That is easily found out with a simple blood test...and also cheaply and easily treated.
Might not be that, but that is one of the first things that come to my mind with hair changes that do not involve skin problems.

Maybe someone else will see this and have some ideas. At any rate, please let us know when you do find out!
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!