View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #14
spiritwings1202
Pixie and Daisy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaknight View Post
I have a 130 pound Mastiff with a 3pound yorkie and would never ever let the mastiff and yorkie free play. I have to be right there. I know our Mastiff would never ever hurt him but she is so large that once quick move and he could be flat! I wouldnt take the chance of letting them "run" around free play at a training. I did training with our Mastiff when she was around 4mos and there were tiny dogs in the training I think she was around 30-40pounds at 4mos and I made sure during free play I still had total control of her so she wouldnt plow over any tiny babies.... I think its all about a good trainer. The class alone should be enough socialization I think they should ask you to hold her or sit on the floor with her during free play.... Maybe call them and discuss it.
I called the trainer and she said that I could come 15 minutes late when all the dogs are on leashes. I still have mixed feelings about it bc it would take 1 second of an out of control puppy to hurt Pixie. I feel bad bc I know she needs training and socialization. I am just confused about the whole thing.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!