Thread: itching
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
Hannah3183
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
well we are in the same boat - have a dog with mvd and severe allergies - flea allergy is biting back half but it can also be related to food allergy. Is your dog mvd or did your dog have liver shunt repair as my guess is it is the food With mvd or liver shunt natural balance vegetarian is an option and may be better. Just a thought - did the itching start after the food change - what happened prior to the itching occured. That vet is wrong allergies occur from 6 mos to 3 years of age. we see a dermatologist and have been dealing with horrible atopic dermatitis for 5 years now ever since dd was 6 mos old

We believe she is mild MVD. Her post biles are 39 but I've never proceeded with further testing as her symptoms have greatly improved. I went back in my records and had noticed that she was doing this same thing this time last year. I wonder if the severity has just increased to where I realize this is now a serious problem or that this is just a seasonal thing.

Have you been using Natural Balance Vegetarian and doing ok with it? Do you think this is better than the prescription diets?
Hannah3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!