View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
Lolli_lah
YT Addict

Default Need financial advice for loose tooth vet expense

Some of you may know that I had lost my job and now I am apprenticing for pet grooming. Well, I don't get paid is the long and short of it. I get paid in tips but it is not enough to do anything with except eat.

In the meantime my mom has been helping me financially, with food and shelter and necessities for my dog. She also picked up the rest of the vet bill from her recent spay and dental. She can't afford to do much else financially, either.

Sooo I need advice, because I adopted Lolli in October with which I am now completely in love, but I need to get her to the vet with a loose tooth but I can't afford a penny until I am done with training and can get a regular paycheck, but that is not in the really near future (training is a few months and I only started early December).

I don't have kids and I am not elderly so I do not qualify for medicare or medicaid with which some of the low-cost clinics here will give vet care for almost free with medicare. In Florida any type of welfare (except unemployment) is only given to families or elderly. It really sucks here.

Anyway, can anyone give me advice on what I could try to do to help her until I start working? I don't want to lose her, and I don't want her to suffer. I know loose teeth could be the result of a worse underlaying problem like periodontal disease or an infection of the bone.

And for the record, I really would appreciate no one giving me a hard time. I am doing the best I can in hard time...

Last edited by Lolli_lah; 01-08-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Lolli_lah is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!