View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
Nico29
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky63 View Post
When I brought my 12wk old yorkipoo home the first night I put him in a crate in our bedroom. He whined some so then I laid my robe next to the crate. He went to sleep. He has been fine every since this and I still lay my robe next to his crate. A few days into his first week I put him to bed and got into bed myself, turned the lights off and he started to cry, I had forgotten to lay the robe down by his crate, and as soon as I did, he was silent.

Kobe just got neutered this monday and the weekend before I slept with his blankie and gave it to the tech so he would not be scared when he was crated before and after his surgery. When I picked him up he was not shaking or scared.

Try laying a shirt that you wear that day next to his crate, or take a shirt that you no loner want to wear and wear it one day and then actually put it inside with him. I've done this too.
This is a great idea. We did the same thing with my husband's undershirt. He slept in it and then we put it in the crate and it immediately became his security "blanket". We also put it on his regular bed, in his car seat. We would take it out after a couple days and immediately have one to replace it. We did this for the first three months or so. It really is comforting. We don't do that anymore but I do wear a robe that is super soft and snuggly. When we leave for a few hours I lay it on the couch and he curls up and sleeps in it. The scent is a huge comfort. At least it was to us. Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!