View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
Tessa Arnold
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
I got my new baby last week. Abby is 14 weeks old. I have a 2 1/2 year old. I have tried putting her in her x pen in the kitchen and she screams all night long. Then I put her in a pack and play next to my bed, and she whines. It has nothing to do with potty training, she has been wee weeing on the pads in the middle of the night no problem. I have held strong, and tried ignoring her, but she is relentless. Oh, I also tried putting her in another room with all of the doors closed so I wouldn't hear her, but she is very loud. (no luck)! The 2 1/2 yr. old sleeps with us, but it's not safe for the little one yet. I guess I just have to ride it out. What do you think is the best solution, next to my bed in the pack and play?, In the kitchen in her x pen that she is used to during the day?, or last but not least in another bedroom in the pack and play? Thanks!
I have found the best way to get mine to sleep is to wear him out. Before bedtime we play and run. When he shows signs of tiredness, off to bed he goes. I was keeping him in the bathroom, which is not but 3 feet from my bed with a baby gate up, but if he's still awake enough he will jump on the gate and wine. So, I have found that if I get him tired then put him in his cage, which is in my bathroom on the other side of the wall, and turn the tv up, he only wines for about 5 minutes. He is barlely 9 weeks old and he will sleep in there for almost 8 hours without going to the bathroom. When he is ready to get up in the morning he cries and I get up and take him out. No problem.

Anyway, he needs to be as close to you as possible. i know the whineing can get annoying, but try wearing your baby out before bedtime and I bet you and her will get some must needed rest. Hope this helps!
Tessa Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!