View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansoracle View Post
I am sure there were other threads posted on this subject matter. However, I have been on this site for a short time and I have been amazed at the names that Yorkie owners give to their babies. SO if you feel like sharing please do. Since I am relatively new to this site, and an extreme novice, please don't redirect to me other posts/threads about this because knowing me, I will get lost (Chuckle, Chuckle). I apologize beforehand for the LONG testimony and if you want you can scroll down

So, I will share how Hugo got his name. Years ago, I remember the first time I saw a Yorkie was in Pet CO in Manhattan. Knowing nothing about this breed or dogs for that matter, I thought it was the most amazing furball I ever saw-I was hooked. I did preliminary research to get one and learned how expensive they were. I was a college student back then, earning a meager wage. Soon after my encounter with that furbaby, I would see more of them. However, I only thought that this dog was for the upper class and manhattan socialites/fashionistas. I gave up hope. Not to mention as a young child I had a pekeineese chihuhua mixed dog named "Brownie" that was my loyal companion. Brownie was taken from me and I vowed that I will never love another dog again! I then began helping a friend of mine window merchanize stores in Manhattan wich led me to work behind the scenes in Fashion week. Once I saw the HUGO Boss brand I thought to myself if I ever get a Yorkie, I will name him Hugo. While working behind the scenes I saw some designers and models and execuitves in fashion walking with their pooches in designer purses. Some were chihuahuas and saw some yorkies. However, that was the first time I saw yorkies with long flowing hair with bows and cute outfits. When I met Hugo, I knew that he will be named Hugo because as strage as it sounds, it was like we were meant to be together. So Hugo's name reflects my favorite designers Hugo Versace Fendi! Oh yes, Hugo is SPOILED!!!
My yorkies have a registered name and a call name.

Their registered name is with either my kennel name and/or the kennel where I obtained them and usually followed with a theme of their particular line. Their call name is usually something to do with their personality.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!