View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
auntielaurie
No Longer a Member

Default new mommy acting wierd

so I posted on the thread litters due in Jan. Abby gave birth yesterday Jan 6th. It is now 6:00am Jan 8th and she is very unsettled . She wants to move the 3 puppies under a chair. We have her in a large kennel that she can come and go as she wishes, except now we feel she may hurt them . She moves them either by the tail or head. She's ben pacing and acting like she did before she gave birth. Her temp. is 102.2 she's eating good , going potty. She freaks when I try to help her move the babies, rather then taking a chance she might bite to hard when she takes them by the head to move them.
So is this normal behavior? Should I leave her alone? It's her first litter, she's 3 1/2 years old.
Any help.........please. All my breeding books are in storage, and we are living in our motor home since we sold our house, funny this is the first time when the breeding took, after so many tries, when we really did'nt have room for puppies.lol
I have given her caro sryup a few times........she likes it and I thought she may need to keep her energy up, and alittle van. ice cream that I read was good for lactating bitches.
Abby's no bitch, she's normally very sweet.lol
Please let me know if I'm over reacting or should I be worried.
auntielaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!