View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #10
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guliverandmaya View Post
so I cheched for lice, ear mites, and I dont see anything that looks like sand or small animal... but there is some dandruff. I think its dry skin. The breeder whosold me the dog, told me to put few drops of olive oil in her food. what do you guys think?

I also noticed that her hair color is changing, the roots I mean, maybe its that?
i would use coconut oil over olive oil myself and i have used it but she is so tiny i really would not do that at this point. Their hair changes colors from black to lighter grey that is normal. I would have her scraped for mites and have vet check out as it could be that and you can get it if it is scabies - you need to first rule this one out. Many use promeris for mites and has worked well so if it is then promeris works for demodex and revolution works for scabies - not a big fan of flea protection as do not use it but mites are a definite possibility as i have an allergy dog and her allergies did not start until 6 mos after her last set of shots sadly but this is a sign of poor immune system as mites, allergies, etc are all signs the dog does not have a balanced immune system to naturally fight off these irritants
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!