Thread: Allergies???
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
izzy816
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
have not heard of that one what are the ingredients. Was your dog vomitting on duck and potato nb ? If so i would do venison and sweet potato nb - the white potato was probably causing the vomitting as white potato is inflammatory unlike sweet potato and that can trigger vomitting in a dog with ibd in small intestines - food allergies or intolerance (ibd) are tied to allergies they are both immune mediated diseases
No he wasn't vomiting on the New Balance. He was originally eating Newmans Own Organic. That is when he initially got sick. Once I switch to New Balance, he was fine. I switched from NB to Go! Natural because 1) the Natural Pet Store recommended it and 2) the kibble was smaller. He had a hard time chewing the New Balance kibble.

That's interesting about the potato. I will look into it. So I guess now I need to be careful with the treats too? Geez...this little guy is a handful...lol But I love him to pieces!

Here are the ingredients for the GO! Natural Duck Formula:

Duck meal, oatmeal, potato, whole oats, deboned duck, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), apple, natural flavor, flaxseed, quinoa, kamut flakes, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, dried kelp, Vitamins ( vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), inositol, d-calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, beta carotene, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), Minerals (**zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, iron proteinate, zinc oxide, **copper proteinate, copper sulfate, **manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, calcium iodae, sodium selenite), chicory root extract, L-lysine, Lactobacillus acidopholus, Lactobacillus casei, Enterococcus faecium, Bifidobacterium thermophilum, dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, yucca schidigera extract, rosemary extract.

Thanks for your help!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!