View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #13
dwerten
BANNED!

was her white blood cell count high or RED blood cell count high if red blood cell that is more hge related white blood cell would be pancreas related. White is related to infection. Red is way more serious.

Not all dogs can tolerate raw. It could be you got a bad batch which can happen with raw - i fed raw so am very familiar with it. My one friend got a bad batch of stevies and all her dogs were deathly ill. It could be this dog has a poorer immune system than your other dog so it cannot fight off the bacteria in the meat. Hge can develop from bad meat as it can be tied to salmonella or ecoli. Was the bloody stool like strawberry jam. Hge is very serious but that is only if red blood cell count was high and your dog would be VERY VERY SICK acting.

I would not feed this one raw anymore after this as this is a sign that something is not right and not working for her. While raw is great it is not for every dog and yorkies have digestive issues in nature as well. If you did not give any treats or high fat people food i agree with vet this is tied to the food. Pancreatitis is usually from high fatty foods, stress or medications like steroids.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!