View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
I wish I could answer all of your questions. The only one I can answer is her age; she's 4. DH took her to the vet while I was at work; he's self employed. He wasn't given any of that information, and I'm sure wouldn't have known what to ask. Gracie hasn't had any vomiting, but the vet said if she starts vomiting we must take her back to be started on IV fluids. I just don't know what to think. Do you recommend that I call and ask those questions tomorrow?
have them fax you the blood work and having had sick yorks i get a copy of everything and keep a file at home of all info on them so if they have to go to emergency you have all the current info including blood work so real important to do this - diarhea is more dehydrating than vomitting so just keep an eye on your baby and get the info tomorrow. did they send you home with meds? So your other dog is ok and just this one got sick? I have 3 dogs and when mine got pancreatitis my other two were fine so sometimes one is prone and others are not mine that got pancreatitis has high fasting triglycerides which is high fat in blood naturally which can contribute to the disease pancreatitis

Just keep an eye on her and keep her rested - if you notice her tossing and turning in pain then i would get her in for pain shot and see the vet asap if not just let her rest - I would not feed for 12 hrs and let her tummy rest
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!