View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 07:01 AM   #13
carmen in nj
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

I will suggest that you READ and become educated in the breeding and whelping process before you even think about breeding, the TESTS that are required to make sure your girl and the stud are healthy,and free of genetic diseases. also you MUST have the cost of an emergency c section ready it can mean the life or death of your girl.. My son is a Vet Tech and I still got a mentor and joined and read and watch everything that came my way, I asked every question under the sun, and I got thrown into an accidental breeding and Thank God everything went well for the mama and the babies but I paid a pretty penny for sonograms, tests, x rays, and vet fees for what people called MUTTS, my stud mated with my youngest son's rescued Jack Rusell, she was supposed to been spayed before they adopted her out, well surprise she had a silent heat and my boy took advantage of it, I placed all but one of the puppies, I had him neutered and he lives a very happy live with me and my family, for the first two weeks of his live we thought we were going to loose him every hour, and every time he pull thru, tube feedings and lack of sleep he is a very healthy puppy today.is NO money that can pay for my and my hubbies long hours taking care of this dog, so he stayed..
so think about it and Educate your self first, just my advise to you ..
hugs,
Carmen in nj
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!