View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:22 AM   #2
Cody'sMom
Yorkie Yakker

Default Also hoping for some suggestions!

Hi. I wish I could help you with your situation, but unfortunately I also have a somewhat aggressive yorkie. (okay, a little more than somewhat!) Our 4 year old male is such a sweetie and loves people and dogs. Then there is little 4 pound Cheyenne who is such a sweetie at home and so loveable. But when we are out and she sees people or a dog or little kids that would like to pet her . . . . WATCH OUT! She is afraid of anything new in and out of the house and we think it's all part of that. She turns aggressive out of fear! She barks aggressively and has gone after a sweet, old yellow lab that likes to visit our back yard. (The yellow lab just looked at her like "what are you doing?") I've "sat" her, sssshhh'd her, told her no, tried to comfort her (which is probably wrong), and I don't know what else to do. It's to the point that I don't want to see anyone on our walks. I don't change my pace or anything while I'm walking because I don't want her to sense that I am feeling anxious about an approaching dog. But she reacts anyway.

I know this was long, but I'm hoping there is a yorkie owner out there that can help us both!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!