View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 10:14 AM   #12
bld2751
YT 500 Club Member

Oh ok. That's great that you are doing all your homework ahead of time.

I've heard of people that use the exercise pen in combination with the crate, and that sounds like a good idea. That way the pup can go into the crate to nap and will still have the pee pad available out in the area surrounded by the pen. I think I've read on here that some pups have learned how to jump over the pen, but at least when he is young that should not be a problem.

I'm really not quite sure how they act during the day. I have a neighbor below me who's dog barks a lot in the early morning when she leaves (for like an hour) so if they bark or whine, then I say oh well, I deal with others barking!

That's great that someone will be able to check on him during the day. I'm sure that will help him tremendously.

It's also good to be thinking about all of this ahead of time, because like I said, when we got Hercules it took a good 2 weeks probably to decide what to actually do. We contemplated the litter box, pee pads in the house, things like that. Ultimately it was really important to me to get him to go outside, but since we live in an apartment we built a box to put on our balcony and we put the pee pads in there. I guess it's a combination strategy! But with Athena, since we already had our routine established, it was much easier on us to get her started.

Good luck with you research and your yorkie looking!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!