View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #11
dewdrops
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha View Post
Laws are different in every state, but in Kansas, the only shot that must be given by the vet is Rabies. If your breeder gave the shots and your vet will not accept them, I would question him. I will say, some vets are against and don't trust some manufactures of vaccines for whatever reason. Like the ones bought at feed stores. Maybe the brand given is missing a specific vaccine that your vet prefers to guard against as there are many variations of vaccines available. I am questioning why you feel you have to accept this from him anyways, because vaccines (other than rabies) are relatively optional on the owner's part so if you don't want them agian, why do you have to have them again?? I guess I am asking why this is his choice and not yours. Maybe you just need to talk this through with him, he could have a very good reason for why he feels the need to re do the vaccines already given.
Hi Cha Cha,

Sorry, guess I am really very new to all these! That's why I came in here and seek advices.
I did ask her why and she said that these jabs had to be given by a certified vet not by a breeder. That's why I called my breeder after the visit and she said that she had been doing this and never heard of her puppies getting re-vaccined.
I will seek 2nd opinion.
Thanks once again, will definitely keep in mind.
I think now I should really seek second opinion.
Thanks for the advice
dewdrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!