View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #7
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

That's beautiful! I really like that pattern. We recently sold two Aust. Shep. puppies to a lady in Germany. She was going to come pick them up but then got a blood clot in her leg so she sent her ranch assistant. This young lady had never been in the States before so I took her shopping and sight seeing while she was here. Toward the end of our day she mentioned how much she loved old quilts. Well, by that time it was too late to find anything still open to try to find one (and besides, I don't think it would have fit in her luggage anyway). When we got home I showed her all of the ones we have - my grandma made me one that I kept on my bed most of my childhood and my hubby's grandma has made us a few. I have some that were machine done and some that were hand quilted. She loved the hand quilted ones the best (as do I). I told her that I'm surprised that all the German women around here do quilting but not the German women in Germany! She's looking forward to another visit to the States and this time I told her we would find her a quilt to take back. Her appreciation and admiral of my quilts made me appreciate them even more.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!