View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbritches View Post
I have a 16 month old male. He weighs about 6-7 pounds and he has not been fixed yet, but has never bred (I dont plan to breed)

I have been having such trouble with him marking inside the house. I have a fenced yard and he is out all the time and never has real 'pee' accidents in the house. Its the marking (Especially on shoes!) that i am struggling with. I am home all day with him and I am attentive and he is rewarded for when he goes outside.

When I catch him lifting his leg inside the house i do clap my hands and tell him "NO". He knows he's not supposed to, he is a smart little guy.

I know you all here are the yorkie experts and i know this has been discussed in the past, but do you think if i went ahead and got him fixed hed quit? I had planned to get it done anyway, I have just been putting it off. I'm such a sissy and I know I'll be worried sick about him.
Since his scent is already in your house and you've waited too long to have him altered, I'm not sure that you'll be able to correct his marking habit.

To alliviate your frustration and his, put a belly band on him when he's in the house.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!