View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 09:23 AM   #9
bld2751
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfc3rid
Well, I'm not going to be critical because I am trying to develop a plan for keeping my Yorkie during thre work day... How do you deal with it at this point?
Are you keeping your dog in a crate during the day right now? I'm not sure I know what you mean by how I deal with it... do you mean how are they doing? How frustrated do I get?

Hercules is almost 7 months and he's been doing great. He can hold it most of the time now, although he seems to have an accident on Monday's still - I guess b/c he's used to us being around all weekend long.

They way I handle it is if they are able to hold it when I'm home and kennel them for an hour or two, then I think that's great and that's progress. Especially for the younger one, Athena. I honestly don't expect her to hold it all day. That's why I put old towels in there.

I've also found that crate training has helped develop an awesome routine for Hercules. He poops two times a day - once in the morning and once in the afternoon/evening around 4:00 or 5:00, even on the weekend when he is not crated most of the day.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!