View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 05:36 AM   #1
Gracie'sMommy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default When does puppy get first shots and other questions?

I am buying a new puppy who was born October 1st. So far he has had no shots. Is this normal? I know when I got Gracie, she was 9 weeks old and had her first round of shots. The new little guy is just over 6 weeks old and the breeder is wanting to send him home already, or at least by Saturday when he'll be 7 weeks! I think that is VERY early and since he has had no shots I feel they are just breeding for the money not the health of the babies. I put down a $200 nonrefundable deposit on him, he does have AKC papers and the mother was on site but they had pictures of the father because the breeder's Mother breeds Yorkies in another town in our state so they breed their female with one of her males. When I bought Gracie I did not see the father either, and she's turned out perfectly fine.

Part of me thinks I should not get the puppy, but at the same time I feel so sorry for him that I can't imagine leaving him there. They are charging $700 for the males and $900 for their females. The Mom is a 5 lb dog and she had 5 puppies in this litter. These "breeders" are two mid-20's people, a married couple, and their house was nice and nothing smelled or anything like that. But I think they basically are breeding Yorkies to help pay her nursing school tuition if you want my honest opinion.

Feel free to privately email me at julie.reeg@gmail.com if you have thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc.

Thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!