View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #14
diannenet
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

The only time I use a belly band is if we are going to be gone for more than an hour or so. When I'm home I always go outside with my furbabies and constantly tell him "go potty" and if he really does need to go, he will get down off the deck. Otherwise, he just stays up there. When I'm at work, my husband doesn't go out with them but he seems to go without anyone being outside with him (other than our other dog.) He is within my eyesight 99% of the time when I'm home and he knows he's not supposed to go in the house. I'm a neat freak and like a clean and clean smelling home and will never have it smelling like urine. I have a carpet shampooer and mop my floors weekly (sometimes twice).

Yes, it can be frustrating but I chose to be his mom and will work on getting him 100% housebroke (he was 90% housebroke when I got him.) It may not be as soon as I'd like but he was in a puppy mill for two years of his life, in a wonderful foster home for one year and has only been with us for a month. I do have patience and will work with him. He's very smart and knows right from wrong. And his "accidents" are far and few between (and some days no accidents) as long as we keep an eye on him.

If I continue to have problems, I might look into a trainer or enroll him in some training. Right now I think he's had enough stress in his life. First he needs to get used to his new forever home and become acclimated to his new surroundings!

Thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!