View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
Skippy's Mom
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default We almost lost our Gabby last night

Last night as we were waiting for midnight, my son gave Gabby a Snausage (we always just break off a tiny piece). He says he was holding it for her and she took the whole small piece from his hand. I'm so glad he watched her walk away from him because he said she was walking funny and brought her to me.To make a long story short, she was foaming at the mouth and squeeking to us, trying to cough. We were on our way to the emergency vet which is 30 minutes from us when she eventually seemed okay. The little treat must have disolved. We pulled off the road to wait with her to make sure she was really okay. So that's what we were doing at midnight new years eve. The whole thing only lasted 15-20 minutes, but we thought we were going to lose her. I've since printed out the CPR and Heimlich from this site to keep on the fridge. I was trying to find it durring the ordeal but was not logged on and in my panick just could not get to it!
Print it out if you haven't so you have it! Also- of course- I've cut the treats ALL up into teeny pieces!
Skippy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!