View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #14
acowbyzcowgrl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Love

Sorry to keep you all waiting.

We started calling vets last night and heaven forbid ANYONE call me back. This morning I started calling again and the 5th vet I called answered right away...took him maybe 2 mins to call back. He apparently was the only one answering the phone today and had 4 surgeries lined up this morning. We got her in right away and on U/s saw two hb's one very faint....had I called him sooner that pup would have made it as well, but we have one very active very hungry baby girl who survived.

The litter was 2 girls one boy, all about the same size as the surivivor. She weighs 4.2oz and is fat and happy. Momma is resting as comfortable as she can for the time being...baby is nursing well and she is tolerating her with no issues except for that sideways look at me to say, "Ummm how did THIS get here?" She's a good mommy though so Im sure she'll pick up the rest of her duties in a couple of days.

The vet went ahead and just used gas on her so as not to suppress any puppies more and let them have a chance.

There was a pup at an awkward angle and they were all in one horn, which had curled around making things pretty crammed in there.

She never went into hard labor or showed signs of distress....just saw lots of green all at once.

Baby girls name is "Glimmer" as we saw a glimmer of hope this morning on the U/S

I'll post updates.
Kristie
acowbyzcowgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!