View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #12
rebeccag
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dands View Post
We just had a weekend vacation with my side of the family which included my 3 little neices, ages 0, 2, 4.

Our puppy was so scared of all the noise and movement and jumping around. He was growling, even snapping. We were soooo sad.

But then we got the idea of putting Kona in his crate for a time-out whenever he even started to growl. This worked SO great!

He got the message that it was unacceptable plus he was able to get some quiet time out time right when he needed it.

We are continuing to do this at home if the doorbell rings and he starts barking or growling.

They are just short time outs but it's been working great.
I was thinking the same thing....crate. It might be a good idea while he gets used to the noise and movements of a small child to keep him safe and feeling secure in the crate. My dogs usually love the crate and I sometimes have to drag my male out. I've had both my dogs since babies are they're quite used to the noise and activity of small kids. The dog is new and needs time to adjust. My 2 year old son is now able to play with both dogs safely but I've had to supervise and they're about 11 months old. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!