View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
diannenet
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Yes, I've talked to his foster mom a couple times and email her at least 2-3 times a week with updates and pictures. She never used a puppy pad but I do but am trying to get away from it as once again, he will think it is OK to potty in the house. I picked Toby up from his foster mom. She was WONDERFUL and had a very clean house with no doggy smells (especially for having four dogs). My husband is semi-retired and is home with the dogs almost all the time so we do keep an eye on him. He has gone several days without an accident as long as we watch him and tell him no when he starts to hike his leg. Since yorkies are so smart I KNOW he knows he's not supposed to so he may be testing us to see who the boss is. LOL I will just keep working with him. After all, it has only been a month.

The only other thing he's doing that is really irritating is that he's chewing on our dining room chairs when he gets bored. Our other dog did that when she was a puppy and I sprayed the bitter apple on them so I guess I need to do that with him. Or, as I told my husband, since we eat in the kitchen (dining room is right next to the kitchen...open area) we could always remove the chairs but then I'm afraid he will start chewing on the legs of the table. He's not a puppy and knows better so I think he does it when he gets bored. We do give them chewy bones once in a while too.

Last edited by diannenet; 01-01-2010 at 08:39 AM.
diannenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!