View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
Kharise
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingergirlsmom View Post
Well, since each dog is different, different weight, size, body frame, amount of exercise, etc., what I feed my yorkies may not help you (Mine are large, but in shape, at 13 and 17 lbs). I do know that a minor change in amount of food or quantity of exercise can reap huge rewards with these dogs. (unlike humans, dogs seem to be able to lose weight somewhat easily).

If you think your baby is getting a little tubby, cut back a little on the food and if necessary, increase his exercise a little. It should work.

Since you asked, mine each get approximately a cup of kibble per day...but that should be more than a more standard size yorkie should get.

In the past, I have been known to substitute a portion of kibble with green beans as I was decreasing their food quantity. This helped to keep them full while getting used to a smaller quantity of kibble.

This helped me alot actually! Cody is expected to be anywhere from 7 - 15 lbs (both of his parents sizes) as he is a Mini Poodle/Yorkie mix. I feed him 1/2 a cup twice a day. I'll try and excersize him more and if this isn't the right amount I should be feeding him I'll cut back on his kibble.
Kharise is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!