View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
diannenet
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default "Marking" territory (in the house!)

Hi fellow YT'ers. I need some advice......Toby (neutered and a puppy mill rescue) whom we've had for a month, still hikes his leg on the couch in the family room once in a while and I've been spraying the heck out of the spots where he pees with vinegar water and blotting it and the carpet right below it. Will that neutralize it enough that he won't go back to that spot? I don't keep the belly band on him but may have to when we are downstairs in the family room but hate to do that. We take him out several times a day so it's not like he has to hold it for any length of time! I realize he's "marking" but will that ever end? When I catch him doing it I tell him we don't potty in the house and make him go outside. But I'm not sure that's the proper discipline as he's already "done the deed" and probably has no idea why I'm making him go outside. Any suggestions?

Another thought.................he sleeps all curled up next to me in bed every night and never gets up until I get up the following morning. Why is it they can hold it all night but during the day they have to potty several times? I realize they are up and moving around, eating, drinking and playing so maybe that's the answer..........their bladder is getting bounced around. LOL

Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone! Be safe.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!