View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
kpstoybox
Do you like Parti's?"
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
I believe there are a multitude of vets that do BAT testing. The trick is to do it via Dr Center's explicit instructions. Any minor slips drawing blood can scew the readings. It is best a vet contacts Dr Centers to insure the blood drawing and tubes used are correct.
Is there a link to this info, or would I or my vet have to call Dr. Center?

The vets in my area, have little knowledge on the BA Test as it is...as they rarely perform them. When I call in to schedule a BA Test...the receptionist says...Oh Hi Karen, before I even say who's calling. It's a running joke there now...as I am practically the only one this office does the BA Test for. And they have a large client base. One of their long time vets didn't even know the 4 grades of the luxated patella.

Does anyone here have the official "protocol" for the do and don'ts of Bile Acid testing? Is there a certain amount of food that should be fed? And can the food they are used to eating at home be used for the test?

Since I have recently started testing every puppy that leaves my home..I want to do what ever is necessary to prevent any false results.

Thanks
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!