View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
Elle
YT 500 Club Member

I'm a big fan of Wellness. I've never fed Purina. There's been many of great dogs of the past & present that have done great on it. I feel we are over stimulated by the marketing & have bought into the "human ingredient" theory that dogs just do not need.

As far as cooking for a yorkie, a puppy especially. Well, there are many vitamins & nutrients missing. Which is better or worst? I cannot say. If one is to cook, there must be topped w/ supplements. So the question is, how long is the cooked meal?

I know this goes against the other posts supporting comments. But it's a healthy puppy that has a lot of needs. Dog food companies for better & worst studies these things and again, there is a prove record of years & years of successes. What did Cede Higgins eat? There's breed after breed. I hate corn & all of the other junk. But, what do you do? I will say. I know that Purina One is better than the others. Pro Plan has many believers. I don't feed either. But I don't feel a home a puppy will thrive on home cooked chicken & rice alone. They will love it. But they need more for more than a couple of days.
Kudus to you for caring so much about your yorkie!

It's never easy.
Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!