View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
Stefani188
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thanks for the responses!
I think I will take her for some blood work. She has gotten some fleas lately from a visit to my parents house which is at a lake/wooded areas. She is on Frontline though, but she always comes back with a few when we visit there.
The fleas seem really bad this season, the weather here in Georgia hasn't gotten cold enough to freeze for them.

Anyway, this overeating has been going on for at least the last 2 months.
I am guilty of letting her heartworm medication lapse for at least a month and a half which I know is just awful.
I have 2 different kinds for her and my miniature schnauzer for weight limits, and hers ran out before his. I was hoping to just get theirs both all at once. Besides that visit to my parents, she is exclusively indoors and on supervised walks outside. But I hope she doesn't have worms! She seems to be gaining weight and not losing it though.

They will run bloodwork to check for worms at the vet, so I will ask them to check her thyroid if possible at the same time.
My baby is getting older, and I am starting to worry about even the smallest issue, but better safe than sorry! I need to stock up on her medicine this next time and just bite the bullet for the costs. Thanks for the suggestions, I wasn't sure if it could be a big cause for concern, but now I know it could be.
Stefani188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!