View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
Stefani188
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question 6 yr old yorkie started overeating recently....cause for concern?

My 6 year old female yorkie who is normally pretty active, daily playtime outside and long walks 4-5 times a week has recently started overeating.

I feed her twice a day with a wet food/dry food mix, and then we have left dry food out in between meals for the last 6 years. She normally doesn't care about eating much between meals.
Only recently, she has become fixated on the food and frequently eats between meals and cleans the whole bowl of dry food.
I have 1 other minature schnauzer, and he can eat out of the bowl too, but he leaves it alone after his meal.
At first, I thought she may just want to eat his food, but she is still doing this hours later or when he's not even around.
I have been taking the food up, but she is constantly obsessed with eating between meals and scours the kitchen for crumbs.

Could this be any kind of problem? Is she just doing this because she is bored or getting older? I'm thinking about taking her to the vet to check her out, but I don't know what the potential problem could be.
Anyone else have problems with an older yorkie overeating?

thanks!
Stefanie
Stefani188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!